Sunday 26 August 2012

007

The One With the Birthday. Week 3 in Singapore was marked with everybody's highlight of the year....my birthday. After the most incredible 21st two years ago, I just assumed that any birthdays since would be a little underwhelming. But this one has been a LOT of fun. 

Thursday night, I met some of the girls for drinks at Overeasy at One Fullerton - Happy Hour 1+1 on all beers, wines and spirits meant that we ended up pretty drunk. Having not eaten, I call James on the MRT home & ask if he can get me McDonalds delivery (yes, they deliver here. Best. Ever.) So I ended up seeing in my 23rd with a double cheeseburger, several cards & a very cute little cake! 



My actual birthday was spent generally lazing around, sunbathing & being a bum, before getting ready to go to the surprise restaurant that J had booked. Which turned out to be Sky on 57 at Marina Bay Sands hotel - possibly the best all-round restaurant I've ever been to.







Very photo heavy post, I do apologise! But the food was incredible - I highly recommend the scallops - and the view speaks for itself. We were lucky enough to see the light show, that they put on at Marina Bay Sands every night, from a completely different perspective. 

I'm one lucky girl & have been well and truly spoilt this weekend. Other not-so-bright highlights of the week have included copious amounts of job hunting and holiday planning - I've enjoyed the latter far more than the former! 

Nade x

No comments:

Post a Comment